Here is a procedure to install Apache Ant manually.
- Check the latest version at Apache Ant Site
- Getting latest version ZIP
- Expand the ZIP(automatically expanded into $HOME/Downloads, I believe)
- sudo mkdir /usr/local/share/ant
- sudo cp $ANT_EXPANDED_DIRECTORY /usr/local/share/ant/
- cd /usr/local/share/ant
- sudo ln -s apache-ant-X.X.X Latest
Installation procedure is finished. Next, add Ant execution files to PATH.
- Open $HOME/.profile and add following definitions.
if [ -d "/usr/local/share/ant/Latest/bin" ]; then export PATH="/usr/local/share/ant/Latest/bin:$PATH"; fi
- check with ant -version